Interested in relocating to the UK? Let us help you with that!
The UK’s National Health Service employs more than 1.5 million people, putting it in the top five of the world’s largest workforces and an attractive proposition for doctors around the world. The UK welcomes doctors of all grades and experience from across the globe but there are some requirements based on where you are from. At A&E Agency, we work closely with our candidates to ensure you have everything you need to start you UK career.
Requirements to practise as a doctor in the UK
To practise in the UK, you will require the following:
- License - All doctors are required to be registered with the General Medical Council (GMC), follow their good medical practice and be subject to their Fitness to Practice actions. The GMC License is necessary whether you choose to work in the NHS or the independent sector. Those who work in locum or part time positions also require a license.
- Certificate of Eligibility (outside EEA) - Family doctors who were trained outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) require additional documentation – the Certificate of Eligibility for GP Registration (CEGPR).
- English Level - To work as a doctor in the UK, you must be able to effectively communicate with patients. Therefore, you require an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of at least 7.0 in each of the four areas tested (speaking, listening, reading and writing) and an overall score of 7.5
- Immigration - alongside the above, you are required to meet the Home Office’s requirements for immigration and have obtained permission to work.
Why work with A&E Agency
With eight years’ experience in helping international doctors to find roles in the UK, A&E Agency can help you with every aspect of your relocation, including:
- Ensuring you are registered for all necessary GMC inductions.
- Helping to identify which exams you will be required to sit (e.g. IELTS, the English language course) and finding suitable tutors if necessary.
- Guiding you through the visa process.
- Providing step-by-step immigration process support that will significantly speed up the immigration process.
- Providing relocation guidance and help to find suitable accommodation, as well as schools for your children, prior to your move.
- Finding you a role and negotiating salary on your behalf.
At A&E Agency, we also work with a number of UK hospitals that provide the Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR). Not only do we help find your first job in the UK, but we help advance your career as well.
See what our recently placed doctors have to say…
“I collaborated with A&E Agency during my search for a job in the UK. They went over and above to help me make the most of the opportunities that were offered. They were always available when I had a problem or a question, and were an indispensable help during the complicated times of looking for my first job in the NHS. When I had a burning issue during a trip for an interview, they reacted in the way that was absolutely incredible and solved the problem that was threatening to kill any chance of the interview ever taking place. I would sincerely recommend A&E Agency to anyone looking for a job in the NHS. They are knowledgeable, react promptly, use all of their resources to help a client and is very kind in communication.”
- Dr Giljaca
If working as a doctor in the UK is your ambition, register with A&E Agency today. If you already have your documentation and are just looking for the perfect role, browse our extensive range of jobs and find your next placement.