About the Trust
An exciting opportunity has come up for an experienced Acute Medicine Consultant at one of the best district general hospitals based in South Somerset.
The trust provides a full-range of clinical services – including general medicine, cardiology, general surgery, orthopaedic surgery, trauma and paediatrics – with an emphasis on enhanced recovery achieved through multi-disciplinary input and delivered through laparoscopic-techniques, day-surgery procedures, and patient-enabling support. It also has a full range of on-site diagnostics, including respiratory lab and bone densitometry.
As an Acute Medicine Consultant you will be undertaking front line work in the Emergency Assessment Unit (EAU), the Emergency Department and their recently developed Ambulatory Emergency Care Unit (AEC) with the medical admitting team.
Your role will include overseeing the medical take, performing post-take (intra-take) ward rounds, making specialty referrals, caring for short-stay in patients for up to 48 hours on the EAU, facilitating timely discharge and follow up plans.
Skills and experience required for this role
- Must have MBBS and MRCP or equivalent
- Must have full GMC registration with a license to practise
- Must be on the GMC Specialist Register via CCT (proposed CCT date must be within 6 months of the interview date) or CES or European Community Rights
- Must have strong experience in general and acute medicine
In return the Trust can offer you the following
- Competitive annual salary – depending on years of experience
- Continuing professional development
- Research opportunities with applications for funding
- Full support from the Clinical Director during the first 6 months
- Annual appraisal with a trained appraiser and support through the revalidation process
What happens next?
If you are a qualified and experienced Acute Medicine Consultant and fulfil the above listed requirements for the role then please apply and a member of our A&E Agency team will be in contact with you shortly.