About the Trust
North East Yorkshire Healthcare NHS Trust was established in April 1992. The Yorkshire Coast area is a welcoming and scenic place to live and work. Highlights including the North York Moors National Park, picturesque seaside towns and the historic city of York. Transport links to London and the South East, and North East England and Scotland are good with York being on the East Coast mainline and close to major trunk roads. There is also easy access to Leeds and West Yorkshire by road and train.
The principle duty of this post is to provide a comprehensive clinical service to patients within the trust area.
- To, at all times, comply with the GMC requirements of Duties of a Doctor
- To ensure that patient confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- To undertake duties as defined within the attached job plan in so far as practicable and in agreement with your clinical director.
- To be responsible and managerially accountable for the reasonable and effective use of any Trust resources that you use and influence, and professionally accountable to the Medical Director.
- On commencement to ensure personal attendance at the Trust’s Corporate Induction.
- To participate in the Trust’s statutory and mandatory training programme
- To fully participate in the Consultant Peer Support Scheme and ensure personal attendance, when invited, at the Consultant Development Programme during your first year in post.
- To be responsible for the clinical management of in and out patients under your care
- Provide a logbook of practical procedures
- Cross site commitment but based at Hospital
Skills and Experience required for this role
- Applicants must have completed a period of training in Pathology that is recognized by the Royal College of Pathologists - FRCPath or equivalent
- They should have GMC license to practice and be on, or eligible for, inclusion on the specialist register within six months of appointment
- UK or EU experience - desirable
In return the trust can offer you the following
- The Trust offers an excellent Staff Benefits package to all employees, which includes salary sacrifice schemes and local discounts/offers
- The Trust offers an excellent Study leave package to support your on-going professional development; we also offer a competitive relocation package.
What happens next?
- If you fulfill the above listed requirements for the role then please apply and a member of our A&E Agency team will be in contact with you shortly.