About the Trust
- A&E Agency is delighted to share with you a permanent opportunity to work as a Consultant in Accident & Emergency for a NHS teaching hospital in North-West England.
- The Emergency Department at this fantastic NHS Trust is a high performing and forward-looking Department. The Department deals with approximately 86,000 new patients and 5,000 follow up patients per annum and performs well with respect to the 4 hour standard. The adult : paediatric patient split was approximately 71,000 : 15,000.
- Clinical commitments of this post will include responsibility for care of all patients attending
the Emergency Department for new and follow-up visits. The unit holds 2 review clinics per week,
currently held in the neighbouring Outpatient Department.
- The appointee will take an active role in the training of junior staff. Within the trust you will
share the supervision of the trainees with colleagues and will be expected to conduct regular
- You will also be responsible, in collaboration with colleagues, for the supervision and training of
middle grade doctors (either specialist trainees or non-consultant career grade doctor).
Skills and Experience for this role
- Full GMC Registration or in Process
- MBBS or equivalent (basic medical degree)
- Full MRCEM or FRCEM, MRCP or FRCP (UK)
- Experience working as a consultant in the either the UK or Overseas
In return the trust can offer you the following
- Role accompanied by an attractive relocation package.
What happens next?
- If you fulfill the above listed requirements for the role then please apply and a member of our A&E Agency team will be in contact with you shortly
This position is suitable for applicants with UK experience, however candidates with non-UK experience will also be considered. Applications from candidates who require Tier 2 visa sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications.
Referral bonus: If this position may be of interest to a friend or a colleague, you will be pleased to know that we offer a referral bonus of up to £350 for any successful referral