About the Trust
- A&E Agency is delighted to share with you a Substantive opportunity for a full time or part time post of a Consultant in Emergency Medicine with Paediatric specialist training to lead the paediatric service.
- Clinical commitments of this post will include responsibility for care of all patients attending
the Emergency Department for new and follow-up visits.
- The role is to provide clinical ED sessions with senior input into paediatric patient care and
ensuring appropriate discharge and hospital admission, along with management and leadership
responsibilities for children in the ED.
- Running the paediatric area in the Emergency Department – seeing emergency cases, and
supervising junior staff and Emergency Nurse Practitioners
- Managerial responsibility for quality improvement, guidelines, department design and
process for paediatric patients.
- Establishing audit and research activities within and between departments.
- Ensuring robust PEM teaching and training for all doctors and nurses within the department
- Coordination of paediatric resuscitation courses
- Liaison with other paediatric (medical, surgical, orthopaedic, critical care) departments in the
hospital and the associated hospitals in the network
- Liaison with Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
- Lead doctor for child protection within the ED department
- Providing a consultant led Urgent Referral / Rapid Access clinics (if required)
- Emergency preparedness for a major incident involving children
Skills and Experience required for this role
- Primary medical qualification.
- Full registration with the General Medical Council,
FCEM, FRCA, FRCS, MRCP or equivalent.
- Entry on Specialist register or in receipt
of CCT within 6 months of interview PEM through RCEM or RCPCH
- Completion of appropriate recognised training program or evidence of Higher Training in Emergency Medicine which is equivalent to that required for CCT.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team.
- Ability to work as team leader when required.
- Possess good organisational and teaching skills.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills in English.
In return the trust can offer you the following?
- The role may also accompanied by an attractive relocation package - Discussed after interview
What happens next?
- If you fulfill the above listed requirements for the role then please apply and a member of our A&E Agency team will be in contact with you shortly