About the Trust
- Multiple award-winning, modern and friendly trust, with a growing reputation for providing outstanding care. Situated in the East Midlands, the staff and volunteers strive to ensure patients are at the centre of their decision making.
- The new appointments will be expected to work with the Head of Service for Acute Medicine and the
Clinical Chair for Emergency Medicine and Acute Medicine to develop the pathways for patient
management in Emergency Admission Unit (EAU), Ambulatory Emergency Care Unit (AECU) and the
Short Stay Unit (SSU).
- The Acute Physicians timetable and job plan will include leading the morning handover and ward rounds,
day time on calls, covering Ambulatory Emergency Care Unit and Short Stay unit, direct input into the
Emergency Department and specialist interests if relevant.
- During their non-clinical sessions the Acute Physicians will be expected to be active in the planning and implementation of changes in the service.
Clinical Duties include:
- Running the morning acute medical take
- Being available for direct GP access for advice and for urgent patient review
- Developing guidelines for the EAU Further develop ambulatory emergency care services
- Offer immediate support to junior medical colleagues involved in the management of medicine.
- Work in partnership with our ED to improve the management of medical emergencies and to achieve the 4 hour waiting time target.
- Participate in our on call rota.
- Active participation in audit and clinical governance and operate as a shortstay unit in order to prevent unnecessarily prolonged admissions to hospital.
Skills and Experience required for this role
- Full Registration with the GMC
- MRCP or equivalent
- Consider overseas consultants as long as they have worked at consultant level and have MRCP - Furthermore a desire to undertake CESR is very important.
- Experience requisite to meeting all aspects of the job plan
- Ability to maintain clinical credibility and authority with a multi-professional team including senior trainees
***Willing to accept Locum Consultants not on the GMC specialist registration on a fixed-term 12 month position, but as long as they have previous UK experience at Cons level***
In return the trust can offer you the following
The trust at this time are also able to offer an attractive recruitment package to include
- An attractive recruitment and retention premia.
- Relocation budget of up to £5,000
- Named Mentor for the first year of employment to facilitate settling in to the new working environment
- Access to additional study leave funding for the first 2 years of employment
What happens next?
- If you fulfill the above listed requirements for the role then please apply and a member of our A&E Agency team will be in contact with you shortly.