About the Trust
- Ambitious and progressive Foundation Trust, committed to continuing their quality journey so that they can exceed their patient’s expectations.
- NHS Foundation Trust has around 1.2 million patient contacts a year.
- Large and modern hospital has around 480 beds, numerous outpatient clinics, CT and MRI scanners, maternity services, an Intensive Care Unit, an Urgent Care Centre and a 24/7 Emergency Department.
- Lead the medical team and the care of patients under their care on AMU and during the
medical take including dedicated sessions in Ambulatory care and ED liaison.
- Lead the care of up to 20 patients on the Acute Medical uni
- Develop standards, procedures and systems to ensure safe, high quality and efficient patient care from the point of entry to admission or discharge.
- Work within the multidisciplinary team to ensure effective team working in the provision of acute medical care to patients on a day-to-day basis
- Develop clinical guidelines to ensure best practice for the management of a wide range of medical conditions.
- Play a strong role in risk management and governance.
- Participate in relevant audit and quality assurance processes.
- Liaise closely within the department, the emergency and acute medical teams, other in-patient teams and primary and community services to ensure collaborative working arrangements are
in place which maximise benefits to patient care
- Teach and train junior doctors and students.
- Become a qualified educational supervisor and work as Clinical and/or Educational Supervisor
to a number of trainees dependent on job plan.
- To teach and train staff in other medical disciplines, nursing and support staff as appropriate.
- Abide by the Clinical & Corporate Governance policies of the Trust.
- Take part in major incident planning.
- Take part in the administration of the department and the involvement in the management of
resources will be regarded as important.
- To promote Acute and General Medicine as a Specialty both within the Trust and externally
Skills and Experience required for this position
- Full GMC Registration or in Process
- MBBS or equivalent (basic medical degree)
- Full MRCP or FRCP UK
- Experience working at Consultant level in the UK or Overseas
In return the trust can offer you the following?
- Invest in your training and development to pursue a successful and fulfilling career in healthcare.
- As an NHS employer they offer one of the most competitive and flexible benefits packages offered in the UK.
- Permanent staff receive at least 27 days' holiday each year, a generous pension, plus other benefits including flexible working options and exclusive discounts
- Bank workers receive one extra hours pay for every 12 hours worked in place of annual leave entitlement, plus other benefits including pension
- They offer an onsite Nursery
What happens next?
- If you fulfill the above listed requirements for the role then please apply and a member of our A&E Agency team will be in contact with you shortly