About the Trust
- A&E Agency is delighted to share with you a permanent opportunity to work as a Consultant in Microbiology for a NHS teaching hospital in North-West England.
- The Microbiology team have developed and effectively deliver a ward based infection management strategy with the support of the clinical teams.
- The trust welcomes candidates with an interest in Infection Control and antimicrobial stewardship. Development of sub-speciality interests will be supported and encouraged. The department has an active portfolio of research trials.
- The post is full-time, with scope for additional sessions in excess of the 10 PA contract, though part-time or job share will be considered.
- The Department of Microbiology offers a variety of services including clinical, diagnostic and
infection control services to the acute hospital and primary care.
- The current team of Microbiologists deliver the clinical consultation services (including
HCAI/antibiotic ward rounds) through dedicated ward rounds, multi-disciplinary team (MDT)
meetings, infection consultation clinics (by rota), etc. Infection consultation clinics are AM/PM (1-
session each) by shared rota during which duty consultant responds to all E-referrals and/or
phones out any alert issues
Skill and Experience for this role
- Full and Specialist registration (and with a licence to practice) with the General Medical Council (GMC), or be eligible for registration within six months of interview.
- Primary Medical Qualification (MB CHB or equivalent) FRCPath or equivalent qualification.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of clinical experience and competence in the management of Infection and laboratory liaison
What happens next?
- If you fulfill the above listed requirements for the role then please apply and a member of our A&E Agency team will be in contact with you shortly.
This position is suitable for applicants with UK experience, however candidates with non-UK experience will also be considered. Applications from candidates who require Tier 2 visa sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications.
Referral bonus: If this position may be of interest to a friend or a colleague, you will be pleased to know that we offer a referral bonus of up to £350 for any successful referral