About the Trust
- Ambitious and progressive Foundation Trust, committed to continuing their quality journey so that they can exceed their patient’s expectations.
- NHS Foundation Trust has around 1.2 million patient contacts a year.
- Large and modern hospital has around 480 beds, numerous outpatient clinics, CT and MRI scanners, maternity services, an Intensive Care Unit, an Urgent Care Centre and a 24/7 Emergency Department.
- Provide clinical leadership on Safeguarding Children matters for HCCG in the interests of local children
- Act as a source of strategic and professional advice to named Safeguarding Children health specialists and service providers according to need,
- Support HCCG to fulfil its statutory Safeguarding Children duties and responsibilities as single agency and multi-agency requirements,
- Inform and influence Safeguarding Children quality assurance frameworks and processes that serve to attain best outcomes for children and families via local health service provision,
- Inform and influence local Safeguarding Children policies and procedures that operate across the local health economy and as Working Together practices,
- Inform and influence local Safeguarding Children training strategies and learning programmes,
- Provide advice, guidance and supervision for specialist Safeguarding Children Named medical practitioners (Named Doctor within the provider services; Named GP)
- Take the lead strategic clinical role for HCCG regarding all childhood deaths as single agency and multi-agency concerns,]
- Key role in Serious Case Reviews / Practice Reviews.
- Provide leadership and specialist medical opinion to learn lessons from reviews including Safeguarding Children-related serious incidents, Serious Case Reviews and Domestic Homicide Reviews.
Skills and Experience required for this position
- Fully registered with the GMC
- Entry on Specialist Register for Paediatrics, or within 6 months of obtaining CCT at time of interview
- MRCPCH(UK) or equivalent
- Clinical training/experience equivalent to that required for gaining UK CCT or CESR
- Expertise in full range of Paediatric conditions
- Ability to lead a multi-professional team and take full and independent responsibility for clinical care of patients
- Flexibility to develop services as required
- Experience in Child Safeguarding, medical assessments and report writing
- Experience working at Consultant level in the UK or Overseas
In return the trust can offer you the following?
- Invest in your training and development to pursue a successful and fulfilling career in healthcare.
- As an NHS employer they offer one of the most competitive and flexible benefits packages offered in the UK.
- Permanent staff receive at least 27 days' holiday each year, a generous pension, plus other benefits including flexible working options and exclusive discounts
- Bank workers receive one extra hours pay for every 12 hours worked in place of annual leave entitlement, plus other benefits including pension
- They offer an onsite Nursery
What happens next?
- If you fulfill the above listed requirements for the role then please apply and a member of our A&E Agency team will be in contact with you shortly