About the Trust
- A&E Agency is delighted to share with you a permanent opportunity to work as a Consultant in Critical Care for a NHS teaching hospital in North-West England.
- This is a substantive post for a Consultant in Intensive Care Medicine with an interest in an allied specialty and is to fill a job vacancy. The Critical Care Unit comprises of 8 Level 3 beds and 6 Level 2 beds situated in a separate, but adjacent ward area. All beds are run as one unit and Level 2 Beds can “flex-up” to accommodate additional Level 3 patients. Two unfunded Level 2 beds are used to facilitate admission on occasions when discharged patients have not left the unit. Occupancy runs at around 80%. The unit has facilities for current invasive monitoring modalities, haemofiltration, transoesophageal and transthoracic echocardiography, and therapeutic hypothermia. There is an established nurse-led Outreach Service and a Rehabilitation Coordinator and follow up clinics in compliance with NICE 83 guideline.
- The successful candidate will participate in a 1:10 consultant “on call” rota responsible for the Critical Care Service shared by the Critical Care Consultants. A ten-week cycle will comprise two weeks covering the Critical Care Units and 8 weeks covering both-critical and non-critical care sessions. Non-critical care sessions will be allocated to the parent specialty but non anaesthetists may request some anaesthetic sessions to maintain airway skills. The contract will be 10 PA contract with 8 DCC and 2 SPA sessions but extra DCC are negotiable. The direct clinical care sessions will be delivered on an annualised sessional contract.
Skills and Experience required for this role
- Full GMC Registration or in Process
- MBBS or equivalent (basic medical degree)
- Full MRCP or FRCP, (UK) EDIC or equivalent
- Experience working as a consultant in the either the UK or Overseas
- Training equivalent to a CCT in Intensive Care medicine and Anaesthesia or allied specialty
- Clinical Supervisor status
- Extensive experience in the management of the critically ill patient
What happens next?
- If you fulfill the above listed requirements for the role then please apply and a member of our A&E Agency team will be in contact with you shortly
This position is suitable for applicants with UK experience, however candidates with non-UK experience will also be considered. Applications from candidates who require Tier 2 visa sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications.Referral bonus:
If this position may be of interest to a friend or a colleague, you will be pleased to know that we offer a referral bonus of up to £500 for any successful referral