Consultant in Elderly Medicine
Salary - £84,559 - £114,003 per annum
Enjoy working with a multi award-winning team of geriatricians in a recently transformed department
Have the opportunity to work on one of our innovative base wards, within our newly refurbished Elderly Assessment Unit for Frailty, or at the heart of the action within our nationally recognised, award winning Frailty Intervention Team
Be encouraged and supported to develop a subspeciality interest such as Parkinson’s disease, Orthogeriatrics, Community Medicine or Acute Frailty.
Be a significant part of our exciting adventure within a department that pushes boundaries to achieve excellence in patient care whilst maintaining its ranking within the top 10% of performing geriatric departments nationally.
- GMC Registered Medical Practitioner
- Entry on specialist register (or expected entry within 6 months) CCT in Elderly Medicine and General Internal Medicine or equivalent , MRCP or equivalent
- Additional qualifications, Such as MD, PhD.
- Clinical training and experience equivalent to that required for gaining CCT in General Medicine (Acute Medicine). General and subspecialty experience.
- Ability to offer expert clinical opinion on range of general medical and age-related problems, both in clinic and in emergency setting
- Ability to take full and independent responsibility for clinical care of patients
Further details / informal visits contact
M: +44(0) 7581024812