Embark on a thrilling career journey with A&E Agency in the North West of England, located just to the south of the magnificent Lake District National Park. We are actively seeking a dedicated Consultant in Emergency Medicine to join our team in a full-time permanent role, where your contributions will be highly esteemed.
This position will enhance the delivery of Consultant-led Emergency Care for patients visiting the Emergency Department. While it is desirable for candidates to have a special interest in Paediatric Emergency care, Frailty Emergency care, or other sub-specialties, it is not essential. This role presents a unique opportunity for candidates to actively contribute to the ongoing development of the service. The adoption of flexible working patterns is considered essential for the department to provide an optimal emergency service that can adapt to the evolving needs of the NHS.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Collaborating with Emergency Department (ED) Consultant colleagues to receive, resuscitate, diagnose, and provide emergency treatment to patients in the ED.
- Supervising the appropriate referral of patients to non-ED specialist teams within the Trust or tertiary referral services, when necessary, as well as to General Practice and other community-based services.
- Ensuring, in conjunction with ED Consultant colleagues, that the ED delivers an effective 24/7 service in accordance with national and local standards.
- Participating in the management of Review Clinics in the Department and sharing the care of patients under the supervision of the Emergency Medicine Consultants, with a focus on achieving national key performance indicators for Emergency Care.
The on-call responsibilities will involve serving as a Trauma Team Leader, efficiently responding to requests for assistance from Emergency department staff, and effectively managing major incidents.
ED Consultants will also play a leading role in implementing the Same Day Emergency Ambulatory Care (SDEC) model, which will operate 12 hours a day, seven days a week, once staffing is in place. The transition to this model will be gradual as posts are filled.
Essential Requirements for the role include:
- Completion of FCEM or an equivalent qualification
- Full GMC Registration with a valid license to practice
- Registration as a Specialist in Emergency Medicine in the UK
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Clinical training and experience equivalent to the requirements for obtaining a UK CCT in Emergency Medicine.
If you are currently in search of a Consultant in Emergency Medicine position, please submit your application below or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
If this opportunity does not align with your career aspirations, you also have the option to refer another candidate to us and benefit from our referral program.
Please note that we are unable to support or accept applications from candidates residing within the Red or Amber list of the Code of Practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England, as determined by the World Health Organization (WHO) Workforce Support and Safeguard List.