About the Trust
- A&E Agency is delighted to share with you a Substantive opportunity for a Consultant in Emergency Medicine. The salary band for this position is £79860- £107668 on a 10 PA contract.
- The Emergency Department is part of the Urgent Care Centre with circa 55,000 attendances each year, many young families moving to the area and also an aging population. The department is also busy with holiday makers during the school and summer holiday periods.
- Within the emergency department there are minors and majors sections, as well as See and Treat bays. An ambulatory care service is located in close proximity and both services work in close collaboration. In addition the department has an Emergency Nurse Practitioner Service which is predominantly a minor injury led service with the aspiration to expand further.
- The department does not accept trauma or thrombolysable MI’s, but accepts strokes between the hours of 9-5 during midweek and links closely with the stroke specialties to manage these patients.
- A high proportion of patients that present at ED are Paediatric and we have an on-site ambulatory Paediatric unit at the trust
Skills and Experience required for this role
- MBBS (or equivalent) and FCEM (or equivalent) qualification
- Full registration (and a license to practice) with the General Medical Council (GMC).
- Holder of Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) in Emergency Medicine or within six months of award of CCT by date of interview.
- Teaching or training qualifications
- Experience in Emergency Medicine; both in adults and children
- Special interest in a subspecialty of Emergency Medicine – for instance ,Risk Management, Acute Medicine or Paediatrics
- Good leadership & organizational skills
- Flexibility to fit with service requirements & ability to work in a team
- Honesty, reliability and good personal organization skills
- Caring attitude to patients and those close to them
- Ability to negotiate for services & funding with other relevant parties
- Interest in future research
- Ability to manage personnel issues sensitively
In return the trust can offer you the following
- The Trust provides a very competitive relocation policy which will be offered to the successful candidate together with support to enable settling into the area
What happens next?
- If you fulfill the above listed requirements for the role then please apply and a member of our A&E Agency team will be in contact with you shortly.