About the Trust
- Ambitious and progressive Foundation Trust, committed to continuing their quality journey so that they can exceed their patient’s expectations.
- NHS Foundation Trust has around 1.2 million patient contacts a year.
- Large and modern hospital has around 480 beds, numerous outpatient clinics, CT and MRI scanners, maternity services, an Intensive Care Unit, an Urgent Care Centre and a 24/7 Emergency Department.
- Provide, to a high standard, the full range of specialist diagnosis, treatment and care to patients requiring General Medicine service.
- Organise, manage and be responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of patients in Yeovil Hospital for the General Medicine Service.
- Contribute to undergraduate, post-graduate and continuing medical education activity.
- Participate in clinical audit.
- Partake in the General Medical On Call Rota (attracting 1PA and on call availability supplement)
- Except in emergencies or where otherwise agreed with your manager, you are responsible for fulfilling the duties and responsibilities and undertaking the Programmed Activities set out in your Job Plan, as reviewed from time to time.
- To be responsible for the associated duties set out in the Terms and Conditions
Skills and Experience required for this position
- Full GMC Registration or in Process
- MBBS or equivalent (basic medical degree)
- Full MRCP or FRCP UK
- Experience working at Consultant level in the UK or Overseas
In return the trust can offer you the following?
- Invest in your training and development to pursue a successful and fulfilling career in healthcare.
- As an NHS employer they offer one of the most competitive and flexible benefits packages offered in the UK.
- Permanent staff receive at least 27 days' holiday each year, a generous pension, plus other benefits including flexible working options and exclusive discounts
- Bank workers receive one extra hours pay for every 12 hours worked in place of annual leave entitlement, plus other benefits including pension
- They offer an onsite Nursery
What happens next?
- If you fulfill the above listed requirements for the role then please apply and a member of our A&E Agency team will be in contact with you shortly