Our vision is driven by our HEART values and behaviours which were developed together with our staff.
We are a friendly department working within the Integrated Medicine Division. New Consultants will be supported to develop their own sub-specialty interest and mentoring will be provided. Consultants will be offered the opportunity to participate in the unselected medical take as part of their on-call duties to keep up GIM skills and accreditation.
- Clinical training and experience equivalent to that required for gaining (UK) CCST in General Medicine and Geriatric Medicine
- Ability to take full and independent responsibility for the care of patients.
- IT skills and computer literacy
- Energy and enthusiasm and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, patients, relatives, GPs, nurses and other staff and agencies
- Understanding the principles of clinical governance and its implications
- Leadership skills
- Knowledge of finance/budgets
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload effectively
- Ability to plan strategically and to exercise sound judgements when faced with conflicting pressures
- Ability to motivate and develop the MDT, balancing departmental and personal objectives