About the Trust
- Ambitious and progressive Foundation Trust, committed to continuing their quality journey so that they can exceed their patient’s expectations.
- NHS Foundation Trust has around 1.2 million patient contacts a year.
- Large and modern hospital has around 480 beds, numerous outpatient clinics, CT and MRI scanners, maternity services, an Intensive Care Unit, an Urgent Care Centre and a 24/7 Emergency Department.
- Specifically adopt, in conjunction with colleagues, an active role in the planning, development and delivery of the Respiratory Service for the Directorate.
- Provide direct input to patients; contribute to multi-disciplinary teams and lead the coordination of care for patients within the Trust.
- Participate in the Consultant on-call rota at CDH with additional cover during colleague’s absence.
- Share a bedded respiratory ward (including the Respiratory High Care Unit) with the other Consultant Chest Physicians, the Middle Grades and a team of junior doctors, including CMTs and FY1s.
- Assume a continuous commitment for the care of patients, even if employed less than fulltime and ensure that adequate arrangements are made for leave and off duty periods.
- Promote high professional standards of clinical care for patients, both through direct patient care and by the maintenance of continuing professional development
Skills and Experience required for this position
- Full GMC Registration or in Process
- MBBS or equivalent (basic medical degree)
- CCT in Respiratory and General Medicine (Desirable)
- Wide experience in Respiratory and General Medicine with evidence of Acute Medicine and Respiratory training.
- Recognised Specialty training programme
In return the trust can offer you the following?
- Invest in your training and development to pursue a successful and fulfilling career in healthcare.
- As an NHS employer they offer one of the most competitive and flexible benefits packages offered in the UK.
- Permanent staff receive at least 27 days' holiday each year, a generous pension, plus other benefits including flexible working options and exclusive discounts
- Bank workers receive one extra hours pay for every 12 hours worked in place of annual leave entitlement, plus other benefits including pension
What happens next?
- If you fulfill the above listed requirements for the role then please apply and a member of our A&E Agency team will be in contact with you shortly