About the Trust
- A&E Agency is delighted to share with you a Substantive opportunity for a Consultant in Respiratory Medicine. The salary band for this position is £79860- £107668 on a 10 PA contract..
- New Consultant post in Respiratory Medicine with General Medicine.
- The post adds to the current number of 2 Respiratory Consultants. The post-holder will have CCT in GIM and Respiratory Medicine or be within 6 months of their CCT date at the time of interview. A job plan for the post will be agreed following appointment. The successful applicant’s individual job plan will be reviewed and agreed annually
- The post holder will have a continuing responsibility for the care of the patients in his / her charge and for the proper functioning of the departments and to be able to be contacted when necessary.
- There will be responsibility for general professional training of the junior medical members of the department and contributing to the training of nurses and other staff and participating in the activities of the Postgraduate Medical Centre including Medical and Clinical Audit. There is teaching commitment to junior doctors of the department.
- Professional supervision and management of junior medical staff. If appropriate the post holder will be named as Educational supervisor to a specific member to oversee their training and as an initial source of advice to such doctor regarding their career.
- Responsibility for undertaking the administrative duties associated with the care of patients and the administration for the department.
- Requirement to co-operate with local management in the efficient running of services and an expectation to share with consultant colleagues in the medical contribution to management.
- Requirement to work within the financial and other constraints decided upon by the Trust. Additional expenses of any kind will not be committed without the approval of the appropriate manager / budget holder.
- Complying with employment and personnel policies and procedures in the management of employees of the Trust
- Travel as necessary between hospitals / clinics will be required but a planned and cost effective approach will be expected.
Skills and Experience required for this role
- MRCP/FRCP/MBBS ( or equivalent) (delete as appropriate)
- Fully registered with GMC
- Teaching or training qualifications
- CCT in acute, general or respiratory medicine (Desirable)
In return the trust can offer you the following?
- An attractive relocation package discussed after interview
What happens next?
- If you fulfill the above listed requirements for the role then please apply and a member of our A&E Agency team will be in contact with you shortly