About the Trust
- Multiple award-winning, modern and friendly trust, with a growing reputation for providing outstanding care. Situated in the East Midlands, the staff and volunteers strive to ensure patients are at the centre of their decision making
- Provision with Consultant colleagues of a service to the trust, with responsibility for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness, and the proper functioning of the department;
- It is envisaged that the Stroke Consultants will work co-cooperatively to deliver all aspects of the service
- and precise responsibilities will vary as colleagues may wish to rotate between different disciplines (e.g.
In-patient Rehabilitation, ESD).
- The job plan for the first three months will be based on a timetable drawn up with the post-holder and the
Head of Service and Clinical Lead for Stroke (a draft example is shown below).
- This is a 10 PA contract and the split between Direct Clinical Care (DCC) and Supporting Professional
- A formal job plan will be agreed between the appointee and their Head of Service, on behalf of the
Medical Director, three months after the commencement date of the appointee. This will be signed by
the Chief Executive and will be effective from the commencement date of the appointment
Skills and Experience required for this role
- UK experience as a consultant is essential to apply for this role!
- Applicants must have established skills in Stroke Medicine with a specific record of interest and dedication to the specialty.
- You must have full GMC registration with a licence to practice and be on the specialist register or within 6 months of gaining CCT/CESR at time of interview for a substantive Consultant position.
- ***The Trust may consider Locum Consultants not on the GMC specialist registration on a fixed-term 12 month position, as long as they have previous UK experience at Consultant level***
In return the trust can offer you the following?
- Offering an attractive recruitment package which consists of the following:
- Up to £25,000 over 3 years in agreement with the individual*
- £1,000 per year Study Leave allowance for the first 3 years*
- Up to £10,000 relocation package* *Terms apply and will be discussed with candidates at interview
What happens next?
- If you fulfill the above listed requirements for the role then please apply and a member of our A&E Agency team will be in contact with you shortly