An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a dynamic and cohesive team of Consultant Paediatricians at this NHS hospital based just out of South East England. The role is of a general Consultant Paediatrician with an interest in Neonatology. You will be one of 10 General Paediatricians based in Peterborough and will support general paediatric and epilepsy service within the department.
The post will comprise 10 PA’s. This is a general paediatric post and are welcoming speciality interests to complement the department.
Main duties of the job
To maintain the highest clinical standards in the treatment and management of children with acute medical difficulties.
To support the level 1 neonatal unit.
2 general paediatric clinics per week with administration time 3.0 PA per week
1 specialty clinic every fortnight
On-call 1 in 8.5, weekdays and weekends - resident until 21.00 on weekdays and 08.30 – 14.30 at weekends 1.6 PA per week provisionally subject to change with annual diary monitoring .
The consultant will be on the on call rota.
1.6 PA of clinical activity will be allowed for the participation in this Rota which is currently 1:8.5, covering General Paediatrics and Neonates.
- Ability to travel independently to a number of geographical locations (Public transport not acceptable).
Education & Qualifications
- Entry on Specialist Register (or entry expected within 6 months). MRCP or MRCPCH
- NHS experience would be desirable
- Other relevant qualification e.g. MD or MSc
- Clinical training and experience equivalent to that required for gaining UK CSST/CCT in paediatrics, Expertise and experience of child protection at specialist registrar level, Ability to take full and independent responsibility for clinical care of patients.
- Experience in tertiary neonatology
International candidates are welcome to apply