About the Trust
North East Yorkshire Healthcare NHS Trust was established in April 1992. The Yorkshire Coast area is a welcoming and scenic place to live and work. Highlights including the North York Moors National Park, picturesque seaside towns and the historic city of York. Transport links to London and the South East, and North East England and Scotland are good with York being on the East Coast mainline and close to major trunk roads. There is also easy access to Leeds and West Yorkshire by road and train.
The principle duty of this post is to provide a comprehensive clinical service to patients within the trust area.
- To, at all times, comply with the GMC requirements of Duties of a Doctor
- To ensure that patient confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- To undertake duties as defined within the attached job plan in so far as practicable and in agreement with your clinical director.
- To be responsible and managerially accountable for the reasonable and effective use of any Trust resources that you use and influence, and professionally accountable to the Medical Director.
- On commencement to ensure personal attendance at the Trust’s Corporate Induction.
- To participate in the Trust’s statutory and mandatory training programme
- To fully participate in the Consultant Peer Support Scheme and ensure personal attendance, when invited, at the Consultant Development Programme during your first year in post.
- To be responsible for the clinical management of in and out patients under your care
- Cross site working is available and necessary
- The Trust is looking to recruit to the following sub-specialties: MSK/Head & Neck & Neurology/Urology/Breast/Paediatrics.
- Entry on GMC specialist register or within 6 months of CCT date or within 12 months of expected CESR approval - Essential
- FRCR(Complete) - Essential