About the Trust
We are recruiting for an experienced Radiology Consultant for one of the best district general hospitals based in South Somerset.
The trust provides a full-range of clinical services – including general medicine, cardiology, general surgery, orthopaedic surgery, trauma and paediatrics – with an emphasis on enhanced recovery achieved through multi-disciplinary input and delivered through laparoscopic-techniques, day-surgery procedures, and patient-enabling support. It also has a full range of on-site diagnostics, including respiratory lab and bone densitometry.
You will be providing general radiological services, as to be expected within a small District General Hospital encompassing plain film reporting, screening and cross-sectional imaging with CT, MRI and Ultrasound. The ability to perform some standard nuclear medicine reporting would be welcome. There is no vascular intervention.
Skills and experience required for this role
- Must have MBBS and FRCR or equivalent
- Must have full GMC registration with a license to practise
- Must be on the GMC Specialist Register via CCT (proposed CCT date must be within 6 months of the interview date) or CES or European Community Rights
- Must have experience of PACS radiology
In return the Trust can offer you the following
- Competitive annual salary – depending on years of experience
- Continuing professional development
- Research opportunities with applications for funding
- Full support from the Clinical Director during the first 6 months
- Annual appraisal with a trained appraiser and support through the revalidation process
What happens next?
If you are a qualified and experienced Radiology Consultant and fulfil the above listed requirements for the role then please apply and a member of our A&E Agency team will be in contact with you shortly.