Are you someone that would like to get paid to travel the world?
Do you want to explore new countries on your days off?
Is work-life balance important to you?
We are looking for cruise ship doctors to work onboard a luxury cruise liner for periods of 8 weeks at a time. This unique opportunity is ideal for someone who wants to see the world whilst providing medical assistance onboard to guests.
You will receive guest and full deck privileges, free meals and accommodation in a private cabin.
What are the medical facilities like?
The facilities on the cruise ship are excellent and you will be part of a comprehensive medical team.
What are progression opportunities for a doctor on a cruise ship?
There are opportunities to join the crew on a permanent basis should you be interested and for promotion to senior doctor, should you take up a permanent position.
What do I need to have to apply?
- You need to have completed your FY2 training plus two years working as a junior doctor (SHO) as a minimum.
- You need a minimum of 6 months A&E *OR* ICU experience in the last 3 years
- You will have competent experience in airway management
- You will be competent in the management of common cardiac cases and able to lead a cardiac arrest team
- You can reduce common fractures or dislocations
- You will have ALS or ACLS
- You will be registered with the GMC
- You will need to have valid right to work in the UK
Desirable criteria include:
- GP Experience
- General medicine experience
- ATLS and APLS
If you want to work onboard the market leader in the cruise industry, jobs on cruise ships or would like more information about working as a medical doctor on a cruise ship, please apply now using the button to the right and a member of the team will be in touch for a confidential discussion.