Embark on a thrilling career prospect with A&E Agency in the North West of England, situated just south of the breathtaking Lake District National Park. We are actively in search of a committed Gastroenterology Consultant to become a valuable member of our team on a full-time permanent basis.
As a Gastroenterology Consultant you will play a crucial role in providing care to both inpatients and outpatients within the Trust's jurisdiction. They will receive support to cultivate a specialised area of interest that ideally complements the expertise of existing consultants. These areas of interest encompass Bowel Cancer Screening, Nutrition, Upper GI cancer, Hepatology, HPB, ERCP and EUS, research, and neuroendocrine tumors.
The post holder will also play a vital role in consolidating and enhancing Gastrointestinal services for the local community. The role entails active involvement in audits, training, educational activities, and maintaining clinical excellence within the service. Additionally, a seven-day Bleeding Service is in operation, and the post holder will be expected to contribute to seven-day endoscopy provision.
The current work schedule consists of a 1:5 rotation during weekdays and 1:8 on weekends. No weekend cover requirement for the post holder to join the General Internal Medicine (GIM) on-call rotation.
Key expectations for the Gastroenterology Consultant include:
- Collaborating as a team with the existing Gastroenterology Consultants to further develop Gastrointestinal services.
- Establishing excellent communication with GPs and team members.
- Handling administrative duties associated with patient care and departmental operations in conjunction with colleagues.
- Promoting an environment of openness and transparency.
- Committing to staff empowerment and the ability to inspire and positively influence colleagues.
- Attending internal meetings relevant to the role.
- Complying with the requirements for ongoing professional development by actively participating in the annual appraisal and medical revalidation process.
A&E Agency specialises in connecting exceptional medical professionals with outstanding healthcare opportunities.
If you are currently in search of a Gastroenterology Consultant position, please submit your application below or contact us at email@example.com.
If this opportunity does not align with your career aspirations, you also have the option to refer another candidate to us and benefit from our referral program.
Please note that we are unable to support or accept applications from candidates residing within the Red or Amber list of the Code of Practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England, as determined by the World Health Organization (WHO) Workforce Support and Safeguard List.