An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a dynamic and cohesive team for this NHS trust based in South East England.
This trust is looking to appoint a Locum General Paediatrician to join a team of 22 hospital based consultants as cover for long term sickness in one of the consultants.
The paediatric consultants are currently doing a 1:12 general paediatric consultant rota and cover both general paediatrics and neonatology out of hours.
Duties of the posts
- Weekly general paediatric out-patient clinics
- Teaching and supervision of trainee paediatricians and trainees
- Teaching of medical students
- Participation in audit/clinical governance
- Participation in the administration and management of the department
- Continuing Professional Development
- Guideline development and audit
- Entry on Specialist Register (or entry expected within 6 months).
- MRCP or MRCPCH
- NHS experience
- Clinical training and experience equivalent to that required for gaining UK CSST/CCT in paediatrics
- Expertise and experience of child protection at specialist registrar level
- Ability to take full and independent responsibility for clinical care of patients
International candidates are welcome to apply