Do you want to continue your microbiology career at a trust who invests in supporting doctors later in their careers?
Do you want to be part of an organisation that listens and proactively supports and values its older workers?
Are you looking for a consultant post in a dynamic hospital that embraces change?
Working at this NHS trust
We are looking for a Microbiology Consultant for a full-time and permanent role at a university hospital in the East Midlands. This opportunity would suit a doctor looking for the next step in their medical career at a proactive and supportive trust.
Supporting staff throughout their career
As a trusted organisation at the heart of our communities, we recognise the important role we can play in supporting the public, patients, our own people and local partners in achieving the best of health for the local population and the communities in which they live by providing Exceptional Care Together
Our fundamental Values of Compassion, Openness and Excellence underpin how we intend to work as a Trust and the associated behaviours are becoming embedded in all aspects of how we work.
This trust has developed several initiatives to support staff in work for longer. The goal of the project was to support the ageing workforce and improve things that matter most to them. 28% of the workforce are 51 or over and the below initiatives were implemented:
- Targeted advice and training sessions on the options around pensions and retirement.
- Educating managers to support their older workers, including new guides, resources, roadshows and events.
- The trust looked at its appraisal process and brought in the learning and development team to review appraisal information.
- Information guides for staff and managers were produced by specialists within the trust, about topics including menopause, carer commitments and deafness and hearing loss.
- Menopause awareness sessions were held at all trust sites, giving staff the opportunity to explore the support available and give feedback.
- Through a mixture of workshops and speaker Q&A sessions, the conference provided managers with information on menopause, stress, reasonable adjustments, engagement, flexible working and musculoskeletal conditions.
- The workforce transformation team worked with other parts of the organisation too. Actions were developed with departments including pensions, organisational development, learning and development, occupational health, equality diversity and inclusion and HR business partners.
Living in Derby
Derby is found in southern Derbyshire and is the county’s only city. It occupies one of the most central positions in the UK and has excellent connections to other cities including Manchester, Nottingham, Sheffield, Birmingham and London. Derby is a well-connected commuter hub on the border of the Midlands and the North of England but has plenty of perks in its own right which make the city a fantastic place to live. With beautiful surrounding countryside, plenty of fun bars and pubs and loads of family-friendly activities to keep the kids happy, Derby is the ideal mid-size city for people of any age.
Being one of the UK’s most central cities, there are without a doubt some great transport links in Derby. The city is home to 3 train stations, with Derby Station being the main hub just a short walk from the city centre. You can reach London by fast train in just 1 hour 46 minutes, Leeds in 1 hour 19 minutes and Birmingham in just 45 minutes. Derby also has affordable, reliable buses that have been ranked the 6th best in the country by the Campaign for Better Transport. Connections across the city leave on an average every 10 minutes.
Some of the top reasons for living in Derby include:
- Excellent selection of local primary and secondary schools.
- Affordable house prices
- Good transport connections
- Surrounded by countryside and the Peak District National Park
If you would like to apply for this job, please apply now using the button in this advert. If you would like to discuss this role or similar, please email EmmaDooley@accident-emergency.co.uk and a member of the team will be in touch for a confidential discussion.
A&E Agency supports doctors through all stages of their careers. Whether you are looking for temporary or permanent work in the NHS or privately, we have a wide portfolio of work all over the UK. If you would like to discuss the opportunities available for you or refer a friend through our lucrative scheme – we’d love to hear from you.