About the Trust
This NHS Trust provides integrated acute and community Healthcare in the West Midlands serving a population of 300,000 residents. Hospital houses the full range of district general hospital services.
We provide high quality, friendly and effective community health services from multiple sites covering West Midlands. Our multidisciplinary services include rapid response.
We are recommended by colleagues as a place to work which is supported by the trusts values to work as part of a team, being respectful, compassionate and professional. We are committed to investing in our workforce
"To Excel at Patient Care"
- Effective open communication
- Excellence and safety in everything we do
- Challenge but support
- Expect respect and dignity
- Local health that inspires confidence
- Provide a service for Emergency Medicine to the hospital and community with
responsibility for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness.
- The departmental structure is designed to deal with the demands of patient flow: we are
fortunate to have full 24/7 middle grade tier, minors flow is contributed by nurse practitioners.
All clinical staff are accountable and responsible for their own clinical competence and
should limit their actions to those for which they are deemed competent.
- Clinical staff are also required to comply with the requirements of their professional organisation
- As a senior employee of the Health Board the post holder will work in close co-operation
with, and support other clinical, medical professional and managerial colleagues in
providing high quality healthcare to the Health Board’s patients.
Skills and Experience for this role
Successful applicants will need to meet the following criteria:
- Full GMC Registration or in Process
- MBBS or equivalent (basic medical degree)
- Full MRCEM or FRCEM, MRCP or FRCP UK
- 4 years postgraduate training, 2 years of which are in the specialty
- PLAB with +5 years will be considered
Overseas doctors are welcome
What happens next?
If you are a qualified and experienced specialist in Emergency Medicine and fulfill the above listed requirements for the role then please apply and a member of our A&E Agency team will be in contact with you shortly.