A&E Agency are looking to speak with a vastly experienced Consultant in Respiratory Medicine who is interested in applying for a Substantive Consultant position in Respiratory Medicine at a NHS university trust in the Midlands
About the Trust
- This is an exciting opportunity to join a well established respiratory team, one of the largest respiratory departments in the country with a breadth of subspecialty interests; ranging from Cystic Fibrosis, ILD including LAM, through asthma, COPD, lung cancer to infections including TB and a regional fungal service. The asthma and COPD services are supported by a team of six clinical nurse specialists.
- The trust's vision is that working together with their patients, staff and partners to deliver world class healthcare, research, education and research and training. A leading teaching hospital and an innovative partner, improving the health and wellbeing of the communities they serve
- The job plan will be based on 10 PAs. The Job Plan will be amended depending upon the interests and experience of the successful applicant and will also be subject to change to meet the requirements of the service.
- You will be expected to work with and contribute to the development of our nurse specialist team, and develop novel care models through engagement with the Integrated Care System. Also you will support the regional difficult asthma and lung volume reduction services. As a member of a large and dynamic department there are significant opportunities for professional development, including research. Both the asthma and COPD services benefit from academic leads with internationally recognised research profiles.
- The successful applicant will have weekly clinics focusing on both COPD and asthma, and will join both the alternate week Asthma MDT and the regional lung volume reduction surgery (LVRS) MDT held 6 times a year.
- You should have evidence of a multi-disciplinary approach to the delivery of care, and experience of the Integrated Care System.
- There will also be the opportunity for a monthly bronchoscopy list
- On-call commitment is currently 1:16 weekdays, 1:8 weekends (2 tier weekends, 1:16 for each), supported by Junior staff.
- Working as part of the RAU rota, approximately 1 in 16 with both 1st and 2nd on weekends, providing input to the Acute Respiratory Care Unit which provides Non-Invasive Ventilation to our patient cohort.
- This post is deemed to be in Category B and an allowance is paid for being on-call, which is currently 1.00 %.
Person Specification (Essential)
- All applicants interested must have full GMC registration and UK experience.
- Eligible to be included on the Specialist Register. Or CCT expected within 6 months of interview date.
- MBBS & MRCP
- Evidenced technical skills as described
In return the trust can offer you the following?
- Invest in your training and development to pursue a successful and fulfilling career in healthcare.
How to Apply
- Click the red box on the right hand side of the page or alternatively you can email your updated cv to email@example.com
- Contact: +44 (0) 75 2523 5184 for more information
What happens next?
- If you fulfill the above listed requirements for the role then please apply and a member of our A&E Agency team will be in contact with you shortly
- If this role is not for you but you know of a candidate interested, please note that A&E Agency offer a very attractive referral scheme of up to £1000 per each permanent doctor placed by us through your assistance so get referring