About the Trust
- Provide a range of complex care services for adults, children and babies, specialising in oncology, cardiology and neuroscience. From open heart surgery on new-born babies to pioneering techniques to treat cancer, the clinicians work together to provide the best possible care and treatments for our patients. The staff always go the extra mile in caring for their patients which can be demonstrated by our recent outstanding rating awarded by the CQC.
- This trust has separate paediatric and adult intensive care units (ICUs), and our paediatric ICU is the largest private facility in Europe, with 18 beds. This allows the private healthcare organisation to support cardiology, cardiac, thoracic, cancer, spinal and other major treatments for children. 103 beds in total, including nine adult ICU beds offering the highest level of one-to-one care.
- Talented Paediatric Consultants are among the most respected in the world, helping children with some of the most complex medical problems. Patients travel to the Children’s Hospital from many countries to receive the very best treatment for conditions including cancer, heart problems (cardiology), neurological and spinal conditions.
- You will work in a small team of specialist medical professionals and will play a vital role in managing the medical care with our PICU area.
- Contract Type: Part Time or Full time (40 hours/week) Permanent Contracts
- Shift patterns: 2 X12 Hours per week on a rota which includes weekdays and weekend
- A competitive reward package will be decided at interview dependent upon skills and experience
- This is a busy unit with a vast range of children's complex cases, you will fully assist the consultants and specialist nursing staff to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered.
- You will have the opportunity to work closely with specialist Child Health Teaching Consultants and to ensure that children’ treatment and their families needs are met.
- This will also include, updating patient records, completing drug charts, clerking admissions, undertaking certain medical procedures as required such as; venepuncture, setting up an intravenous infusion, inserting a urinary catheter, arterial blood sampling, or ECGs
- You will also take part in ward audits, education, training and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
Skills and Experience required for this role
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- GMC Registration with Licence to Practice
- Successful completion of MRCPCH Part 1 A and B or equivalent
- Paediatric Intensive Care Unit qualifications and experience
- Safeguard Children level 3 qualified
- Success in Primary FRCA or equivalent
In return the trust can you offer you the following
- Look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year and will cover the cost of your indemnity. They can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions
What happens next?
- If you fulfill the above listed requirements for the role then please apply and a member of our A&E Agency team will be in contact with you shortly.