We are pleased to announce that we have a new vacancy for a resident doctor with an interest in oncology, haematology or acute medicine to work with a prestigious client in Central London.
The organization is a global private healthcare company, with excellent facilities and a strong ethos for high-quality. They’re looking for talented doctors, committed to delivering continuous improvement to human life to join them at the largest private hospital in the UK.
This group is setting the standard in private practice, working with the latest technology, therapies and medical expertise. They are looking for resident doctors who are senior SHO/Registrars to join their oncology medical team.
It has treated patients from the UK and abroad for the past 40 years and has established an international reputation for expertise in complex treatment. They bring together experts from all around the world who are pushing the boundaries of medicine, creating innovative methods, and establishing benchmarks for medical treatment. The hospital offers premium services in key areas of healthcare, including oncology, neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation and gynaecology.
You will be required to work independently within your own skill set to review and treat a board range of inpatients and out-patients with short and long-term, complex conditions, as well as develop plans under the supervision of the Consultant in Charge or a leading Professor.
Clinical Duties and Responsibilities
- You will be covering; Oncology inpatient/out-patient wards. and will cover a range of complex case patients.
- You will fully assist the consultants and specialist nursing staff to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered, to ensure that any changes to the medical management plan for a patient, as agreed with their named consultant, are communicated immediately to the nurse in charge and relevant members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Supporting new admissions to the unit as soon as is reasonably possible, Clerking patients and new drug chart and inform the named consultant of the patient’s arrival.
- To accompany consultants on ward rounds of their patients, at their request.
- To perform routine basic clinical skills for inpatients as required, i.e. venepuncture, drawing blood cultures, peripheral IV cannulation, arterial and venous blood gas sampling, tube insertions and urethral catheter insertions, and support nursing staff undergoing training to develop and perform these clinical skills independently.
- You will have the opportunity to take part in audits, education of the MDT, education and training to continuously improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
- Responsible for consenting patients for procedures and treatments.
What Will You Need
- MBBS medical qualification
- An additional post-graduate qualification FRCA/ FICM/ MRCEM/MRCP or equivalent is desirable
- Doctors must be the equivalent level of ST3 and/or above
- Fully registered with the GMC and current licence to practice.
- Post holder must hold current ALS certificate
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to work co-operatively in a multidisciplinary setting
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment & on own initiative.
- NHS training programme in general medicine/Oncology
- Medicine/Oncology patient experience within in-patient/outpatient settings is desirable
The organization believes that caring for their employees will empower them to provide the highest level of care to their patients. That’s why they offer a comprehensive list of benefits to reflect the invaluable contribution their staff makes.
Some benefits are only available at certain times of the year or after a certain period of time and others are available all year round. The benefits are broken down into core benefits and optional benefits which means you can really tailor your package to meet your needs.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Core life assurance
- Buy or sell annual leave dates (35 days maximum)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Dental insurance
- Dining cards
- Health assessment
- Life assurance
- Personal accident insurance
- Private GP insurance
- Travel insurance for you and your family
- Will writing
- Healthcare trust scheme
- Home technology
- Season ticket loan
- Core critical illness cover
Career Progression and Opportunities for Development
- Core staff have £1000 allocated for a study budget (only courses relevant to specialty).
- The company have a comprehensive Learning Academy where you can enrol for courses.
- They also offer grants and sponsorship for research (MD, PhD) and opportunities to develop leadership skills with the ‘Executive Master’s in Medical Leadership’ with Bayes Business School
- The role allows you to work closely with the best consultants from top NHS Teaching Hospitals, with opportunities to produce research papers and enhance personal development.
We have more information available about this position. If you'd like to learn more before applying, please feel free to drop an email with your questions to email@example.com or call 02030590936.
To apply for this role, send us your CV and contact details using the 'Apply to this job now' button and one of the team member will call you to discuss your application.