We are working alongside a reputable organisation to place SHO and SpR doctors into highly rewarding placements, with clinics based right across the UK.
These rare vacancies are on a guaranteed Mon to Fri, 9am-5pm basis to conduct medical physiotherapy assessments and examinations. This newly designed role is for a Registered Medical Practitioner to conduct medical physiotherapy assessments and examinations (excluding injuries related to the brain) and produce concise reports for the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) as part of a successful integrated team.
Your key responsibilities:
- Undertake a combination of file-work and face-to-face assessments in relation to a variety of benefits and provide a report to the DWP.
- File-work involves reviewing medical evidence in a written or electronic format to determine the suitability of a face-to-face assessment.
- Such assessments focus on how a disability affects day to day life in performing work related activities.
- Use IT software programmes to support clinical decision making when undertaking file-work and examinations.
- Provide comprehensive reports to enable decision makers at DWP to make informed decisions regarding benefit claims.
- Ensure that professional practice standards and “best practice” are maintained in all areas of work.
- Deliver productivity and quality standards agreed between the Centre and the DWP and to respond positively to feedback.
- Undertake recorded assessments where required.
- Work unsupervised and use own initiative; understanding own limitations and requesting support when necessary or required.
- Analyse and interpret clinical information and medical evidence and provide a professional and concise report.
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team and build positive working relationships with both medical colleagues and administrative support staff.
- Apply professional skills and manage own professional competence and accountability, in accordance with the GMC Code of Conduct.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time as required.
Who we are looking for:
SHO and SpR grade doctors who have, since full registration, consolidated their clinical skills with post registration general experience, working primarily in-patient facing roles dealing with a wide range of clinical conditions. Minimum of 2 years’ experience FY2 or above. To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Broad clinical experience in a discipline that requires history taking, examination and evaluation of clinical presentations (ideally GP/Accident and Emergency/Hospitals background)
- Full unconditional registration with the GMC and valid licence to practise, possessing a fully maintained CPD record to ensure successful re-licencing in accordance with the GMC code of professional conduct
- Sound understanding of clinical governance and importance of delivering to agreed customer service levels and targets
- Highly developed oral and written communication and ability to successfully negotiate and respond to rapidly changing environment
- IT skills with experience of using a range of software
- Self-aware team player with focus on professional development
- Honesty, integrity and adherence to customer and authority confidentiality
- Ability to contribute to quality customer service, demonstrating empathy, respect and sensitivity in assessment delivery
- Autonomous work ethic with the ability to meet deadlines and service standards under your own initiative
Does this role sound like you? Don't wait, hit the apply button now and complete our short registration form to be considered for these once-in-a-lifetime career opportunities.