- Fed up with the long or unsociable hours in the NHS?
- Recent pay freezes making you feel undervalued and unappreciated?
- Lack of staff benefits in the NHS weighing you down
- Are you a doctor looking to join a challenging but yet rewarding environment that can bring you a structured 9-5 Monday-Friday
Then look no further...
A&E Agency are delighted to announce we are working in collaboration with the Centre for Health and Disability Assessment to help find doctors who are interested in working as a Registered Medical Practitioner for the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) as part of a successful integrated team. With assessment centers situated all across the UK apply today and if you fulfill the below listed requirements for the role a member of our A&E Agency team will be in contact with you shortly.
- To conduct medical physiotherapy assessments and examinations (excluding injuries related to the brain) and
produce concise reports for the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP).
What we are looking for?
Qualifications required for this role
- A Registered Medical Practitioner who has, since full registration, consolidated their clinical skills with post
registration general experience, working primarily in-patient facing roles dealing with a wide range of clinical
conditions. Minimum of 2 years’ experience FY2 or above.
- Broad clinical experience in a discipline that requires history taking, examination and evaluation of clinical
presentations (ideally GP / Accident and Emergency /Hospitals background)
- Full unconditional registration with the GMC and valid licence to practice, possessing a fully maintained CPD
record to ensure successful re-licencing in accordance with the GMC code of professional conduct
- Sound understanding of clinical governance and importance of delivering to agreed customer service levels
- Highly developed oral and written communication and ability to successfully negotiate and respond to
rapidly changing environment
- IT skills with experience of using a range of software
- Self-aware team player with focus on professional development
- Honesty, integrity and adherence to customer and authority confidentiality
- Ability to contribute to quality customer service, demonstrating empathy, respect and sensitivity in assessment delivery
- Autonomous and able to work under own initiative to meet deadlines and specified service standards
- Undertake a combination of file-work and face-to-face assessments in relation to a variety of benefits and
provide a report to the DWP.
- File-work involves reviewing medical evidence in a written or electronic format to determine the suitability
of a face-to-face assessment.
- Such assessments focus on how a disability affects day to day life in performing work related activities.
- Use IT software programmes to support clinical decision making when undertaking file-work and
- Provide comprehensive reports to enable decision makers at DWP to make informed decisions regarding
- Ensure that professional practice standards and are maintained in all areas of work.
- Deliver productivity and quality standards agreed between the Centre and the DWP and to respond
positively to feedback.
- Undertake recorded assessments where required.
- Work unsupervised and use own initiative; understanding own limitations and requesting support when
necessary or required.
- Analyse and interpret clinical information and medical evidence and provide a professional and concise
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team and build positive working relationships with both medical
colleagues and administrative support staff.
- Apply professional skills and manage own professional competence and accountability, in accordance with
the GMC Code of Conduct.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time as required
**Currently no Tier 2 visas can be offered**