We are currently recruiting for a permanent full-time role of Research Physician to join our client that are based in the North West. They have dedicated research sites Preston and Rochdale.
You will be joining a world class team of experts to help with pharmaceutical and contract research that provides excellent service finding the right patient, for the right trial at the right time. The company promote the importance of clinical research as well as improve patient access to clinical trials across the UK.
Depending on your experience and expertise you will also be Principal Investigator (PI) or Sub investigator accepting responsibility for research studies. As you work on multiple studies you will take leadership and guide colleagues through the studies. You will also be active in recruitment for the studies at sites and build contacts with other health care professionals as and when needed.
- As Co-Investigator you will need to ensure all training is met for each member of the research site, not only for the specific study but making sure all SOP/COPs are adhered to and ICH/GCP and any local regulations are met.
- Ensuring all clinical trials are set out using the Protocol for the study and recruitment for the patients who are eligible for the study.
- Adhere to the study delegation logs as to specific tasks to be performed by you.
- Whenever having Serious Adverse Events/Adverse Events that these are reported on within the time scale outlined.
- Look after the wellbeing of the trial participant and making referrals for the patient to third parties or patients own GP.
- All study documentation should be legible, concise and accurate always. This should be signed off and any queries dealt with within the timescale set out.
- Work within the guild lines of the company Sop/Cops always.
- Participation in the out of hours/ on call rota
- Competency assessments should be performed every 3 months. A training portfolio should always be kept up to date. Any training should be signed of in a timely manner.
- Always be inspection ready, and revalidation along with any other training is kept up to date along with your training portfolio.
- Ensure to always be courteous and friendly to clients/patients.
- Proactively Identify patients were possible for new studies when they visit our sites
Principal investigator duties
- Has overall responsibility of the study at site
- Performs PI oversight on a regular basis at least once a week
- Oversees staff training for the study and makes sure they are delegated on logs
- Ensures the quality of all study documentation
- Holds regular meetings with the CRA and acts on any feedback he is given regarding site performance
- Participates in any internal or external audits and regulatory inspections.
- Regularly holds site/clinical meetings with site staff to keep everyone aware of any updates or changes to the study
- GMC Registered Physician.
- Must have completed UK Foundation Training or equivalent as a minimum.
- Interest in Research and Academic Medicine.
- Experience in seeing patients in Clinics and emergency settings
- Right to work in the United Kingdom
- Postgraduate Qualifications e.g., MCRP, MRCGP, MRCS or equivalent.
Previous Clinical trials and research experience
Salary & Benefits Package
- £60,000-£75,000 per annum, depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Life insurance, 3x annual salary
- Employee healthcare cash plan programme + Employee Assistant Programme
- Enhanced sickness and family friendly policies