Exciting Oncology roles for one of London's largest private hospitals with a range of flexible shifts .The role allows to work closely with the best consultants from top NHS Teaching Hospitals, with opportunities to produce research papers and enhance personal development.
Shifts are 12 or 24-hour , and the hospital are looking for an experienced SHO/Registrar Levels doctors ( ST3 to ST8) to be part of the Oncology Resident team. You would also be required to work independently and treat patients with short and long-term, complex conditions.
Clinical Duties and Responsibilities
This role is to cover; Oncology inpatient/out-patient wards. and will cover a range of complex case patients.
- You will fully assist the consultants and specialist nursing staff to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered, to ensure that any changes to the medical management plan for a patient, as agreed with their named consultant, are communicated immediately to the nurse in charge and relevant members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Supporting new admissions to the unit as soon as is reasonably possible, Clerking patients and new drug chart and inform the named consultant of the patient’s arrival.
- To accompany consultants on ward rounds of their patients, at their request.
- To perform routine basic clinical skills for inpatients as required, i.e. venepuncture, drawing blood cultures, peripheral IV cannulation, arterial and venous blood gas sampling, tube insertions and urethral catheter insertion, and support nursing staff undergoing training to develop and perform these clinical skills independently.
- You will have the opportunity to take part in audits, education of the MDT, education and training to continuously improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
- Responsible for consenting patients for procedures and treatments.
- MBBS medical qualification
- An additional post-graduate qualification FRCA/ FICM/ MRCEM/MRCP or equivalent is desirable
- Doctors must be the equivalent level of ST3 and/or above
- Fully registered with the GMC and current licence to practice.
- Post holder must hold current ALS certificate
- Medicine/Oncology patient experience within in-patient/outpatient settings is desirable
Career Progression and Opportunities for development
- Allocated £1000 study budget, for courses relevant to speciality.
- Comprehensive Learning Academy where you can enrol for courses.
- To offer grants and sponsorship for research (MD, PhD) and opportunities to develop leadership skill
Great benefits package on offer
International candidates are welcome to apply