Are you an Oncology Doctor looking for your next move in the private sector?
A&E agency has an exciting opportunity for SHO and Registrar doctors to work as part of the reputable Oncology Resident Medical Team of one of London's largest private hospitals with an amazing benefits package on offer. This role is to cover Oncology inpatient/out-patient wards and will cover a range of complex case patients.
- To assist the consultants and specialist nursing staff ensuring a high standard of patient care is delivered and ensuring that any changes to the medical management plan for a patient, as agreed with their named consultant, are communicated immediately to the nurse in charge and relevant members of the multidisciplinary team.
- To support new admissions to the unit as soon as is reasonably possible, clerking patients and new drug chart and inform the named consultant of the patient’s arrival.
- To accompany consultants on ward rounds of their patients, at their request
- To perform routine basic clinical skills for inpatients as required and support nursing staff undergoing training to develop and perform these clinical skills independently.
- To take part in audits, education of the MDT, education and training to continuously improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
- MBBS medical qualification
- An additional post-graduate qualification FRCA/ FICM/ MRCEM/MRCP or equivalent is desirable
- Doctors must be the equivalent level of ST3 and/or above
- Fully registered with the GMC and current license to practice.
- Post holder must hold current ALS certificate
- Medicine/Oncology patient experience within in-patient/outpatient settings is desirable.
Career Progression and Opportunities for development:
- Allocated £1000 study budget, for courses relevant to specialty.
- Comprehensive Learning Academy where you can enroll for courses.
- To offer grants and sponsorship for research (MD, PhD) and opportunities to develop leadership skill