We are looking for a number of Resident Doctors in Critical Care for a Private Organisation in Central London. This role is based in the clients Central London Clinic. This a fantastic opportunity to build partnerships with our private patient consultants, learn from specialist nurses and be part of critical care pathways, as directed by the named consultants. The service has an ‘outstanding’ CQC rating, and admits a vast range of complex cases. It’s a great team environment sharing specialist knowledge and experience.
This role is for a permanent contract.
Your primary duties will include:
- Supporting consultants by attending to the day-to-day Critical Care Ward and ITU units, medical care, from admission, planning through to dis-charge.
- Independently acting on medical care of inpatients, including clerking new planned and unplanned admissions, daily patient ward rounds, responding to medical emergencies.
- Deliver medical procedures as required and requested by the lead consultant. Including vascular access (e.g., insertion of central venous catheter/vascaths, insertion of arterial lines), airway management (e.g., intubation, management of tracheostomies), management of acute pain/epidural catheters, use of ultrasound, ventilation management, optional skills at other procedures (e.g., chest/abdominal drain insertion, lumbar puncture)
For this role you will need:
- Current GMC Registration with a Licence to Practice
- An additional post-graduate qualification FRCA/ FICM/ MRCEM/MRCP or equivalent is desirable
- NHS Trained Intensive care medicine or Anaesthesia to ST3 and above , or equivalent
- Able to manage complex airways competently unsupervised and train and support others
- Able to demonstrate teaching and mentoring of junior doctors
- Must hold current ALS certificate
- In this role you will learn from our leading experts, and there are opportunities for development
International candidates can be considered for this position – but they must have extensive experience overseas.
The shifts are either 12 or 24 hours.
Ideally, we are looking for someone who can start as soon as possible.
If you would like to have an informal conversation or have more questions around the role, please get in touch with us!
If this role isn’t for you, but would be for someone you know? Why not recommend them to us? Click here for T&Cs
Call 0207 456 1456 or email email@example.com