About the Trust
- CQC rated ‘Outstanding’. The facility provides complex and acute care across all medical specialties, for patients within the UK and from around the world. We’re at the cutting-edge of medicine, performing procedures such as living donor renal and liver transplants, and stem cell transplants for blood cancers and multiple sclerosis
- With six world-class hospitals, an ever expanding group of partnership facilities and the dedicated laboratories and offices that support them, this private healthcare organisation doesn’t just offer exciting and dynamic places to work, but real opportunities for development and progression too.
- A&E agency are delighted to share an exciting opportunity for SpR Level trained doctor seeking to advance their medical career in private healthcare in a busy Adult ITU/Critical Care unit right in the heart of London, treating a wide variety of critically ill patients.
Skills and Experience required for this role
- MBBS medical qualification
- Evidence of specialist training, ST4 and above in Intensive Care Medicine
- An additional post-graduate qualification equivalent to FRCA, MRCP and MRCS is preferred.
- Fully registered with the GMC and current licence to practice
- This is a busy unit a wide range of complex case patients, you will fully assist the consultants and specialist nursing staff to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered.
- The role requires management of Critical Care patients including those with multi organ failure, requiring cardiopulmonary support including intubation, ventilation and management of arrhythmias.
- You will have the opportunity to take part in audits, education of the MDT, education and training to continuously improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
- Provide medical cover, on instructions given by the consultants regarding patient management.
- Undertake daily walk rounds
- Update all patient records
- Complete drug charts and liaise with the nurse in charge regarding any potential problems
- Clerking of admissions and liaising with the supervising or admitting consultant
In return the trust can offer you the following?
- Salary £55000-£70000 dependent upon skills and experience.
- Contract can either be permanent or for 1-year fixed term contract to the choice of the applicant.
- Full Time is 40 hours per week, range of shifts across both weekdays & weekends determined by rota.
- Part-time hours are also available.
- Rotas provided on average 6 to 8 weeks in advance to plan work life balance.
The attractive rewards packages includes; 5 days study leave, private medical healthcare insurance for you and your family, contributory pension, onsite revalidation officer, guaranteed annual salary review. Should you wish to conduct study further, our in house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests. Funded PhD’s, MD and MScs are available.
What happens next?
- If you fulfill the above listed requirements for the role then please apply and a member of our A&E Agency team will be in contact with you shortly.