About the Trust
- CQC rated ‘Outstanding’. The facility provides complex and acute care across all medical specialties, for patients within the UK and from around the world. We’re at the cutting-edge of medicine, performing procedures such as living donor renal and liver transplants, and stem cell transplants for blood cancers and multiple sclerosis
- With six world-class hospitals, an ever expanding group of partnership facilities and the dedicated laboratories and offices that support them, this private healthcare organisation doesn’t just offer exciting and dynamic places to work, but real opportunities for development and progression too.
- A&E agency are delighted to share an exciting opportunity for SpR Level trained doctor seeking to advance their medical career in private healthcare in a busy Adult ITU/Critical Care unit right in the heart of London, treating a wide variety of critically ill patients.
- As the Critical Care RMO you will also be responsible for being the first responder for any cardiac arrests and work in partnership with the other RMOs in the hospital, supporting them if required.
- This can be a permanent vacancy or a 1 year fixed term contract, dependant upon candidate preference.
- Part-time hours are also available x1 24 hour shift per week will also be acceptable with a pro-rata salary.
- Rotas provided on average 6 to 8 weeks in advance to plan worklife balance. The role requires assessment, management and treatment of Critical Care patients including those with multi organ failure, requiring cardiopulmonary support, airway management including intubation and tracheostomy care, ventilation and management of arrhythmias. The majority of patients are admitted the unit for HDU level short stay post-operative support; however, there are also complex long term patients requiring multiorgan support and ventilatory weaning with tracheostomies.
- You would be required to be competent with inserting and managing central venous lines, vascaths and arterial lines, management of airways and ventilators including in emergency situations, management of acute pain including management of epidural analgesia.
- As the most senior resident doctor you would form part of the emergency resuscitation team, and provide guidance and support for the resident ward RMO.
You will have the opportunity to take part in quality assurance activities, education of the MDT, education and training to continuously improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
Skills and Experience required for this role
- MBBS medical qualification
- Evidence of specialist training, ST4 and above in Intensive Care Medicine
- An additional post-graduate qualification equivalent to FRCA, MRCP and MRCS is preferred.
- Fully registered with the GMC and current licence to practice
- This is a busy unit a wide range of complex case patients, you will fully assist the consultants and specialist nursing staff to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered.
- The role requires management of Critical Care patients including those with multi organ failure, requiring cardiopulmonary support including intubation, ventilation and management of arrhythmias.
- You will have the opportunity to take part in audits, education of the MDT, education and training to continuously improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
- Provide medical cover, on instructions given by the consultants regarding patient management.
- Undertake daily walk rounds
- Update all patient records
- Complete drug charts and liaise with the nurse in charge regarding any potential problems
- Clerking of admissions and liaising with the supervising or admitting consultant
In return the trust can offer you the following?
- Salary range from £65-75k, depending upon skills and experience
- Patterns of 12 or 24 hour shifts, full time or part time contract available.
- Golden Hello Scheme (A payment of 10% of your starting salary paid after 1 years’ service) *subject to Terms & Conditions
- Paid indemnity insurance,
- 5 days study leave,
- Medical healthcare insurance,
- Contributory pension,
- Onsite revalidation officer,
- Guaranteed annual salary review.
- In house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests
What happens next?
- If you fulfill the above listed requirements for the role then please apply and a member of our A&E Agency team will be in contact with you shortly.