The role of the Resident Medical Officer is to fully assist the consultants and specialist nursing staff to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered.
The role requires assessment, management and treatment of Critical Care patients including those with multi organ failure, requiring cardiorespiratory support, advanced airway management including intubation and tracheostomy care, ventilation and management of arrhythmias.
You would be required to be competent with transfer of ventilated patients to imaging departments, inserting and managing central venous lines and arterial lines, inserting vascaths and management of renal replacement therapy, cardiovascular monitoring and management of inotropes/vasopressors and management of acute pain.
As the most senior resident doctor you would form part of the emergency resuscitation team, support the outreach team with ward patient reviews and provide guidance and support for general and specialty ward RMOs when required.
You will have the opportunity to take part in quality assurance activities, education of the MDT, education and training to continuously improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
Skills and Experience
•MBBS medical qualification
• Evidence of specialist training, ST4 and above in Anaesthesia essential
• Evidence of specialist training in Intensive Care Medicine desired
• An additional post-graduate qualification equivalent to FRCA is essential.
• Fully registered with the GMC and current licence to practice.
• ALS certificate or ALS instructor
• Good inter-personal skills with an ability to work co-cooperatively in a multidisciplinary setting and on own initiative, including intubation and airway management unsupervised.
Our attractive rewards packages includes;
Golden Hello Scheme (A payment of 10% of your starting salary paid after 1 years’ service) *subject to Terms & Conditions
Paid indemnity insurance,
5 days study leave,
Medical healthcare insurance,
Onsite revalidation officer,
Guaranteed annual salary review. s