We bring together world-leading specialists who are challenging medicine, developing new techniques and setting standards for healthcare in their field of medicine. We have specialist centres and units dedicated to digestive diseases, breast, cancer, liver, bowel and orthopaedics, so you know you’ll be working alongside outstanding medical professionals.
The Hospital was the first private hospital to offer digital mammography and have an Urgent Care Centre. It was also the first in the UK to develop a surgical robotic centre of excellence and we have access to over 700 highly-experienced consultants ready to support your career.
We are actively seeking to recruit an experienced General Surgical Senior SHO/ Registrar Levels doctors to be part of the Surgery RMO Medical Team at the Hospital.
- Full Time is 40 hours per week, range of shifts across both weekdays & weekends determined by rota.
- Part-time hours are also available such as 1 24 hour per week
- Rotas provided on average 6 to 8 weeks in advance to plan work life balance.
- Salary: 58000-65000 per annum dependant upon skills and experience.
- Additional Benefits include; Private Healthcare Insurance, Contributory Pension. 5 days study leave.
Duties & Responsibilities
This role is to cover; General Surgical wards, Day Case surgery unit and Orthopaedics wards and will cover a range of complex case patients.
- You will fully assist the consultants and specialist nursing staff to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered, to ensure that any changes to the medical management plan for a patient, as agreed with their named consultant, are communicated immediately to the nurse in charge and relevant members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Supporting new admissions to the unit as soon as is reasonably possible, Clerking patients and new drug chart and inform the named consultant of the patient’s arrival.
- To accompany consultants on ward rounds of their patients, at their request.
- To perform routine basic clinical skills for inpatients as required, i.e. venepuncture, drawing blood cultures, peripheral IV cannulation, arterial and venous blood gas sampling, tube insertions and urethral catheter insertion, and support nursing staff undergoing training to develop and perform these clinical skills independently.
- You will have the opportunity to take part in audits, education of the MDT, education and training to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
Responsible for consenting patients for procedures and treatments.
Skills & Abilities
Able to prioritise clinical need
Able to work without direct supervision where appropriate
Education & Training
- MBBS medical qualification
- An additional post-graduate qualification MRCP or MRCS is desirable
- Doctors must be the equivalent level of ST3 and/or above in General Surgery, an interest in Orthopaedic is advantageous
- Fully registered with the GMC and current licence to practice.
- Post holder must hold current ALS certificate
- Good inter-personal skills with an ability to work co-operatively in a multidisciplinary setting Ability to work effectively within a team environment & on own initiative.
Our attractive rewards packages include:
- Paid indemnity insurance,
- 5 days study leave,
- Medical healthcare insurance,
- Contributory pension,
- Onsite revalidation officer,
- Guaranteed annual salary review.
- In house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests
Additional Benefits include; Private Healthcare Insurance, Contributory Pension. 5 days study leave