About the Trust
- CQC rated ‘Outstanding’. The facility provides complex and acute care across all medical specialties, for patients within the UK and from around the world. We’re at the cutting-edge of medicine, performing procedures such as living donor renal and liver transplants, and stem cell transplants for blood cancers and multiple sclerosis
- With six world-class hospitals, an ever expanding group of partnership facilities and the dedicated laboratories and offices that support them, this private healthcare organisation doesn’t just offer exciting and dynamic places to work, but real opportunities for development and progression too.
- Since 2008 this private healthcare provider has invested £100m in cancer services and its cancer network in London and Manchester and is one of the only private healthcare providers whose services cover the entire cancer pathway and the first cancer network-private or public to be awarded CHKS Oncology standards.
- The trust's Cancer patients get the most accurate diagnostic and effective treatment thanks to our state of the art medical technology. We were first in the UK to offer the revolutionary CyberKnife system and Di Vinci Robert. We are also the only private hospital group in the country using the ground-breaking new NanoKnife system a pioneering cancer treatment for inoperable tumours.
- The trust is recruiting now for Specialist Oncology RMO Doctor on a full time or basis to support their Oncology Consultants and Oncology Specialist Nursing teams in the inpatient wards.
- Work in close liaison with the nursing team and multi-disciplinary team to ensure a high standard of patient care is delivered.
- Provide medical cover, on instructions given by the consultants regarding patient management.
- Undertake daily walk rounds
- Update all patient records
- Complete drug charts and liaise with the nurse in charge regarding any potential problems
- Clerking of admissions and liaising with the supervising or admitting consultant
- Take part in ward audits, education, training and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
- Consent patients following explanation of procedures such as, cytotoxic chemotherapy administration, radionuclide therapy as required.
- Undertake specific tests as requested by the consultant (including, blood tests, Bone marrow examinations, lumbar punctures, paracentesis and pleural fluid aspiration).
Skills and Experience required for this role
- MBBS medical qualification.
- GMC Registered
- Evidence of specialist training in Oncology
- Current ALS Certificate
- Excellent Team Player, able to build excellent relationships with the wider MDT
In return the trust can offer the following?
The attractive rewards packages includes;
- Competitive salary, paid indemnity insurance, 5 days study leave, medical healthcare insurance, contributory pension, onsite revalidation officer, guaranteed annual salary review. Should you wish to conduct study further, our in house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests
What happens next?
- If you fulfill the above listed requirements for the role then please apply and a member of our A&E Agency team will be in contact with you shortly