RMO Paediatrics ICU Doctor Specialist Registrar Jobs in London – England – UK at A&E Agency
Title: RMO Paediatrics ICU Doctor Company: A&E Agency Location: London – England – UK
Type: Full Time Category: Healthcare, Doctor/Physician Salary: Position: RMO Paediatrics ICU Doctor
About this Trust:
Hospital in the UK dedicated to the healthcare of women and children. The UK's largest private children's hospital with over 46 paediatric beds including a 10-bed intensive care unit, a neonatal intensive care unit, and a day case unit. Caring for over 40,000 children a year, we provide treatment for everything from general paediatric conditions to complex craniofacial reconstruction. We have over 175 paediatric consultants available to treat children from new-born up to the age of 18.
- As a PICU Resident Medical Officer you will be involved in Registrar level clinical duties in the intensive care unit for Children and will play a vital role in managing the medical care of all children attending our 60-bed paediatric unit, working closely with Consultants to ensure that patients’ treatment and care needs are met. All patients are admitted under a Consultant who is responsible for management.
- Work in a highly experienced and specialist multicultural and multidispinary team, alongside leading Consultants and specialist nurses and Paediatric Site Practitioners
- Provide medical cover, routine and emergency during hours of duty and to act, as may be reasonably required, on instructions given by the consultants and specialist nursing regarding patients’ management in the Paediatric Units.
- Attend deliveries as required to look after newborns in our maternity unit
- In conjunction with our Neonatal Consultants manage babies on the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- Undertake a daily ward round with a member of the nursing staff and / or Consultant Specialist ensuring patients are visited where appropriate.
- Admit and clerk patients, take blood samples as requested, countersign any drug instructions given by the consultants over the telephone and satisfy requirements of Medication Policy throughout the hospital.
- Undertake certain routine medical procedures as required such as; venepuncture, setting up an intravenous infusion, inserting a urinary catheter, arterial blood sampling, or ECGs
- Take part in ward audits and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
- Attend Paediatric Committee and other relevant meetings as required.
Skills and Experience
•MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
• GMC Registration with Licence to Practice
• Successful completion of MRCPCH Part 1 A and B or equivalent
• Safeguard Children level 3 qualified
Our attractive rewards packages includes;
Paid indemnity insurance,
5 days study leave,
Medical healthcare insurance,
Onsite revalidation officer,
Guaranteed annual salary review.
In house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests