RMO Oncology/Specialist Registrar Jobs in London – England – UK at A&E Agency
Title: RMO Oncology/Specialist Registrar Company: A&E Agency Location: London – England – UK
Type: Full Time Category: Healthcare, Doctor/Physician Salary: Position: RMO Oncology (Specialist Registrar)
About the Trust CQC rated ‘Outstanding’.
The facility provides complex and acute care across all medical specialties, for patients within the UK and from around the world. We’re at the cutting-edge of medicine, performing procedures such as living donor renal and liver transplants, and stem cell transplants for blood cancers and multiple sclerosis With six world-class hospitals, an ever expanding group of partnership facilities and the dedicated laboratories and offices that support them, this private healthcare organisation doesn’t just offer exciting and dynamic places to work, but real opportunities for development and progression too. Since 2008 this private healthcare provider has invested £100m in cancer services and its cancer network in London and Manchester and is one of the only private healthcare providers whose services cover the entire cancer pathway and the first cancer network-private or public to be awarded CHKS Oncology standards. The trust’s Cancer patients get the most accurate diagnostic and effective treatment thanks to our state of the art medical technology. We were first in the UK to offer the revolutionary CyberKnife system and Di Vinci Robert. We are also the only private hospital group in the country using the ground-breaking new NanoKnife system a pioneering cancer treatment for inoperable tumours.
- To provide medical cover, routine and emergency during hours of duty
- To review and maintain legible clinical notes on a regular basis
- To be responsible for checking outpatient medication requirements (TTO’s) and checking protocols and approving medication
- To undertake certain medical procedures as required including venepuncture, setting up an intravenous infusion, inserting a urinary catheter, arterial blood sampling, ECG’s etc.
- To carry out a comprehensive handover from outgoing RMO to incoming RMO daily basis.
- To assess patients at the request of nurses in charge/nurses and manage any emergencies which may arise with the guidance of the consultant in charge
- To maintain a high standard of work and uphold the professional image of Leaders in Oncology Care
- To maintain a safe working environment in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Conduct audits to promote a better and safer practice
- Evidence of experience in a range of acute medical specialties, with experience of managing patients on unselected medical take during core training or equivalent
- Experience at CT/ST 1/2 level of managing patients with cancer disease and managing cancer-related emergencies by the time of commencement of ST3 training
- Evidence of skills in the management of patients not requiring hospital admission (Phone triage)
Skills & Abilities
Able to prioritise clinical need
Able to work without direct supervision where appropriate
Education & Training
MBBS medical qualification
Evidence of specialist training in Oncology
Advanced Life Support Certificate as required to complete core medical competences by intended start date
Our attractive rewards packages include:
- Paid indemnity insurance,
- 5 days study leave,
- Medical healthcare insurance,
- Contributory pension,
- Onsite revalidation officer,
- Guaranteed annual salary review.
- In house learning academy can help you with your CPD and specialist interests
Referral bonus: If this position may be of interest to a friend or a colleague, you will be pleased to know that we offer a £500 referral bonus for any consultant recommended that is placed.