About the Trust
- NHS Dumfries and Galloway serves a population of over 140,000 within a large geographical area of over 2,000 square miles. The Health Board employs around 4500 staff excluding GPs and Dentists. Dumfries & Galloway Royal Infirmary, a 352 bed district general hospital serving a population of 150,000, is based in the University town of Dumfries. The region offers beautiful countryside, from rugged cliffs and sandy beaches to forests, hills and rolling plains. There are a wide range of activities on offer, with watersports, fishing, birdwatching, golf, mountain-biking or cycling along the network of rural roads and much more. House prices are low, schools are good and you are within 2 hours of Edinburgh, Glasgow, Lake District and Newcastle.
- NHS Dumfries and Galloway are looking for enthusiastic and innovate doctors to join their team providing In-patient and A&E cover in the Galloway Community Hospital in Stranraer.
- This post is an excellent opportunity to develop acute care skills, supported by a motivated and highly skilled multi-disciplinary team based in a modern and purpose built hospital in one of the most beautiful areas in Scotland.
- Galloway Community Hospital consists of 20 inpatient beds in the Acute Ward, 24 beds in the Rehabilitation/COTE ward, Accident and Emergency department, day case surgical theatre and recovery area, a midwifery suite with X2 delivery beds.
- The post holder will provide medical care to Accident and Emergency Services, Rehabilitation Ward and Acute Ward
Skills and Experience for this role
- All candidates are required to be on the GMC Specialist Register
- The candidate will hold a CCT or be within 6 months of obtaining the certificate on either Acute Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Anaesthetics or General Practice.
- MRCP UK or equivalent
In return the trust can offer you the following
- Premium Salary package up to £100,168 plus banding depending on rota.
- Board Relocation entitlement up to £8000 in accordance with current policy
What happens next?
- If you fulfill the above listed requirements for the role then please apply and a member of our A&E Agency team will be in contact with you shortly.