About the Trust
- Hospital has gained a reputation for teaching excellence in the region due to our dedicated consultant teachers and a rich variety of clinical cases. Formal teaching sessions are organised differently in various departments.
- Support is provided for career development although this post does not have educational approval from the postgraduate dean and cannot be recognised for training.
- The post holder will have a Clinical and Educational supervisor to facilitate career development.
- Attendance at local and regional training days is strongly encouraged and supported.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Provide and maintain a high standard of care for all patients in the department on a rotational shift
- Take part in the care of patients attending the department, including examination, investigation,
diagnosis and treatment
- Provide a rapid response to A&E to facilitate the 4 hour trolley-wait target
- Participate in daily morning and evening ward rounds along with a consultant
- Understand and anticipate the needs of patients, visitors and staff
- Communicate effectively with medical and nursing staff of other disciplines, ancillary workers and
paramedics in the interest of achieving efficient management of patients
- Work with the multidisciplinary team
- Facilitate education of his/her juniors, including the nursing staff of the department
- Provide intermediate level supervision for junior trainees, and offer a commitment to both
postgraduate and undergraduate training within the hospital
- Participate in quality improvement, clinical governance and risk assessment processes
- Assist in the audit of various aspects of work under the direction of the Audit Lead
- Maintain legible records
- Maintain accurate and timely patient documentation via appropriate electronic systems
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Assist the consultants in promoting health care to the department’s patients in a friendly and caring
Skills and experience required for this role
- Previous UK experience is essential to apply for this post
- Full GMC with a licence to practice
- MRCP(UK) is desirable
- 2+ years minimum experience in Cardiology
In return the Trust can offer you the following
- Competitive annual salary – depending on years of experience
- Continuing professional development
- Research opportunities with applications for funding
- Full support from the Clinical Director during the first 6 months
- Annual appraisal with a trained appraiser and support through the revalidation process
What happens next
- If you are a qualified and experienced specialist in Cardiology and fulfill the above listed requirements for the role then please apply and a member of our A&E Agency team will be in contact with you shortly.