Fantastic opportunity - SHO in General Surgery - Pre-Op - ASAP for 3 months with the possibility of and extension
Pre-op involves the assessment of patients in all surgical specialities (other than burns and plastics) due to undergo surgery.
The successful applicant will join a team containing a number of very experienced Nurse Clinicians, and the SHO will be expected to fulfil a similar role. This will include:
- History-taking, with use of electronic patient records system.
- Physical Assessment
- Referral for appropriate investigations, and interpretation of the investigations.
- Decision making as to suitability for anaesthesia and surgery.
- Liaison with Surgeons, Anaesthetists and other specialists regarding optimisation of patient prior to being passed fit for surgery.
- Prescribing in the pre-op setting, including management of anticoagulation, bridging therapy etc.
The SHO will have his/her own caseload of patients.