About the Trust
- NHS Dumfries and Galloway serves a population of over 140,000 within a large geographical area of over 2,000 square miles. The Health Board employs around 4500 staff excluding GPs and Dentists.
- You will be working as part of a consultant led multidisciplinary team comprising, doctors in training, Nurse Practitioners and GPs with an interest in Emergency Medicine. The hospital is a designated Trauma Unit and has most core specialities on site. In particular we have immediate access to the full support of acute receiving teams in the event of paediatric, medical or surgical emergencies.
- When on duty you will be involved in consultations with the full range of emergency care. Your hours of work will be 40hrs, 10 PAs per week (full time) or an agreed variation of this subject to a minimum of 16 hours per week minimum. 4 hours per week are allocated to Supporting Professional Activity time (SPA).
- As well as providing quality patient care you will be offered training and time for supporting professional activities. The post will provide the appointed clinician with the training opportunities and support required to develop Emergency Medicine competencies. The aim would be to work towards completion of all aspects of the CESR process for motivated individuals.
- There will be enhancements to the above salary given that the post involves working in the out of hours period. As well as providing quality patient care you will be offered training and time for supporting professional activities.
Skills and Experience required for this position
- Primary Medical Qualification.
- GMC Registered with Licence to Practice
- Appropriate Royal College Membership
- Experience of ensuring patient safety & person centred approach
- 4+ years min postgraduate experience in Emergency Medicine
- Organisational awareness
- Ability to make decisions
- Apply knowledge and evidence
- Ability to improve services through change
- Experience of teaching and training Undergraduate/ Postgraduate and Junior Medical Staff
What happens next?
- If you fulfill the above listed requirements for the role then please apply and a member of our A&E Agency team will be in contact with you shortly