About the Trust
An exciting opportunity has come up for an experienced Emergency Medicine specialist/registrar at leading NHS hospital in North London.
The trust has around 10,000 staff serving 1.6 million patients. It comprises of 3 hospitals and more than 30 services in the community.
The mission of the trust is to deliver world class care and expertise in their clinical services, underpinned by world class teaching and research, they continue to measure their progress against their five governing objectives: excellent outcomes, excellent patient and staff experience, excellent value for taxpayers’ money, being safe and meeting our external duties, and building a strong organization.
Roles of this post include: junior medical staff supervision, supporting nurse practitioners, risk management, audit and teaching. Clinically the post-holder will see patients in all areas of the department. There is scope to train in ultrasound. The post holders will work in close co-operation with nursing, managerial and medical colleagues to provide high quality healthcare to the Trust’s patients.
The trust will fully support candidates that like to move on to training post or certificate of eligibility for specialist registration (CESR) by facilitating formalised inter-specialty secondments.
There is an active teaching programme and the department is accredited by the London Deanery. The trust have a strong focus on education and the professional development of post holders (1 session for CPD)
Skills and experience required for this role
- Must have MBBS/MRCEM or equivalent
- Must have full GMC registration with a license to practice or GMC ID check pending
- Must have strong experience in Emergency Medicine
- Additional life support courses such as BLS, ACLS & ATLS is advantageous
In return the Trust can offer you the following
- Competitive annual salary – depending on years of experience
- Continuing professional development
- Research opportunities with applications for funding
- Full support from the Clinical Director during the first 6 months
- Annual appraisal with a trained appraiser and support through the revalidation process
What happens next?
If you are a qualified and experienced specialist in Emergency Medicine and fulfil the above listed requirements for the role then please apply and a member of our A&E Agency team will be in contact with you shortly.