About the Trust
- Ambitious and progressive Foundation Trust, committed to continuing their quality journey so that they can exceed their patient’s expectations.
- NHS Foundation Trust has around 1.2 million patient contacts a year.
- Large and modern hospital has around 480 beds, numerous outpatient clinics, CT and MRI scanners, maternity services, an Intensive Care Unit, an Urgent Care Centre and a 24/7 Emergency Department.
- Provide a service for Emergency Medicine to the hospital and community with responsibility for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness.
- The departmental structure is designed to deal with the demands of patient flow: we are fortunate to have full 24/7 middle grade tier, minors flow is contributed by nurse practitioners.
- All clinical staff are accountable and responsible for their own clinical competence and should limit their actions to those for which they are deemed competent.
- Clinical staff are also required to comply with the requirements of their professional organisation regarding supervision.
- As a senior employee of the Health Board the post holder will work in close co-operation with, and support other clinical, medical professional and managerial colleagues in providing high quality healthcare to the Health Board’s patients
Skills and Experience required for this position
- Full GMC Registration or in Process
- MBBS or equivalent (basic medical degree)
- Full MRCEM or FRCEM - (Desirable)
- Ability to demonstrate broad experience and skill in Emergency Medicine
- Knowledge of good medical practice and the General Medical Council requirements
- Commitment to and evidence of continuing professional development
- Demonstrates knowledge of clinical governance practice
- Is able to work effectively in spite of pressures
- Detailed working knowledge of safeguarding agenda, and its relevant legislation, policy and guidance
- Ability to teach clinical skills
- Ability to critically review research
- Willing to supervise other staff
- Experience of undertaking audits and presenting their findings
- Works effectively with others towards shared goals, welcoming diverse perspectives
In return the trust can offer you the following?
- Invest in your training and development to pursue a successful and fulfilling career in healthcare.
- As an NHS employer they offer one of the most competitive and flexible benefits packages offered in the UK.
- Support doctors in enhancing their professional development, including doctors who want to work towards gaining the Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR) in Emergency Medicine.
- They can support you in the training required to achieve your Specialist Registration via the CESR route
- Permanent staff receive at least 27 days' holiday each year, a generous pension, plus other benefits including flexible working options and exclusive discounts
- Bank workers receive one extra hours pay for every 12 hours worked in place of annual leave entitlement, plus other benefits including pension
- They offer an onsite Nursery
What happens next?
- If you fulfill the above listed requirements for the role then please apply and a member of our A&E Agency team will be in contact with you shortly