SPECIALTY DOCTOR IN EMERGENCY MEDICINE – WALES
About the Trust
- A&E Agency is delighted to share with you a Substantive opportunity for a Specialty Doctor in Emergency Medicine based in Wales. The salary band is £40,037-£74,661 on a 10 PA contract.
- The Emergency Department is located in a new £10.9 million Accident and Emergency unit which consists of a nineteen bed adult clinical decision unit, two operating theatre suites, four resuscitation bays, X-ray, plaster room and five treatment rooms giving immediate access to primary medical and surgical assessment treatment and care. This new unit is one of the most modern developments in Wales in 2010 and means 50,000 more patients can be treated a year.
- Provide a service for Emergency Medicine to the hospital and community with
responsibility for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness.
- The departmental structure is designed to deal with the demands of patient flow: we are
fortunate to have full 24/7 middle grade tier, minors flow is contributed by nurse practitioners.
All clinical staff are accountable and responsible for their own clinical competence and
should limit their actions to those for which they are deemed competent.
- Clinical staff are also required to comply with the requirements of their professional organisation
- As a senior employee of the Health Board the post holder will work in close co-operation
with, and support other clinical, medical professional and managerial colleagues in
providing high quality healthcare to the Health Board’s patients.
- There are 4 resuscitation bays,7 cubicles for trolleys, five for patients with minor injuries, a
triage area and a psychiatric interview room.
- The department has its own blood gas analyser. There is a plaster room, staffed by technicians who are also available within normal working hours.
- There is a dedicated x-ray room within the department. There is access to Ultrasound
imaging is available within the adjacent main imaging department but there is a Philips HD3
ultrasound machine located within the ED for FAST scans.
Skills and Experience for this role
Successful applicants will need to meet the following criteria:
- Full GMC Registration or in Process
- MBBS or equivalent (basic medical degree)
- Full MRCEM or FRCEM, MRCP or FRCP UK
- 4 years postgraduate training, 2 years of which are in the specialty
In return the trust can offer you the following?
- Top NHS salary pay scale
- Relocation package
- CESR Programme
What happens next?
If you are a qualified and experienced specialist in Emergency Medicine and fulfil the above listed requirements for the role then please apply and a member of our A&E Agency team will be in contact with you shortly.
This position is suitable for applicants with UK experience, however candidates with non-UK experience will also be considered as long as they have MRCEM and valid IELTS/OET score. Applications from candidates who require Tier 2 visa sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications.
Referral bonus: If this position may be of interest to a friend or a colleague, you will be pleased to know that we offer a referral bonus of up to £500 for any successful referral.