A&E Agency is delighted to share with you a Substantive opportunity for a ST3+ position in Emergency Medicine The salary up to £63,000 on a 10 PA contract.
- The Emergency Department is part of the Urgent Care Centre with circa 50,000 attendances each year.
- The trust is a busy tourist town with a varying age profile, many young families moving to the
area and also an aging population. The department is also busy with holiday makers during the school
and summer holiday periods.
- Within the emergency department there are minors and majors sections, as well as See and Treat bays.
An Ambulatory Emergency Care Centre is located in close proximity and both services work in close
collaboration. In addition the department has an Emergency Nurse Practitioner Service which is
predominantly a minor injury led service with the aspiration to expand further.
- The department does not accept trauma or thrombolysable MI’s, but accepts strokes between the hours
of 9-5 during midweek and links closely with the stroke specialties to manage these patients.
- A high proportion of patients that present at ED are Paediatric and we have an on-site ambulatory
Paediatric unit at the trust.
Requirements to apply for this fantastic role
- MBChB or equivalent
- MRCEM or equivalent
- Fully registered with GMC
- Provider in PALS/APLS, ALS and ATLS or its equivalent
- Teaching or training qualifications
- Shall have completed at least four years full time postgraduate training (or its equivalent gained on a part-time or flexible basis) at least two of which will be in Emergency Medicine
- Special interest in a subspecialty of emergency medicine e.g. risk management, acute medicine or paediatrics.
- Audit of Emergency Medicine.
- Experience of teaching both post and undergraduate students and professions allied to medicine
- Experience of educating support staff.