The surgical team are looking for a surgical SHO doctor to cover a 3 month period for ward 7 NT.
The job is full time, but will be evening and weekend shifts included.
Start date : Ideally ASAP
About the Hospital
The Hospital opened on 16 June 2015, providing specialist emergency care for seriously ill and injured patients from across Northumberland and North Tyneside. It is England’s first purpose-built specialist emergency care hospital, with emergency consultants on site 24 hours a day, seven days a week, as well as consultants in a range of specialties working seven days a week.
The hospital has:
- A state-of-the art emergency department with individual treatment rooms
- Diagnostics including x-ray, MRI, ultrasound and CT scanners, endoscopy room and cardiac catheter lab – all located close to the emergency department for quick test results, enabling treatment to start earlier
- A critical care unit
- Beds for emergency admissions across seven specialty wards – surgery, trauma, cardiology, respiratory, stroke, gastrointestinal and an acute medical unit
- A short-stay paediatric unit with paediatric ambulatory care
- Ambulatory care for the rapid assessment of patients with specific conditions, without the need for emergency admission
- A co-located consultant and midwifery-led birthing centre, with single en-suite rooms which allows partners to stay overnight. It will also have a special care baby unit for those babies needing extra help
- Operating theatres for emergency/high risk surgery including a dedicated maternity theatre
We require the following documents to get you started:
Registration with the GMC
NHS experience and two references
Right to work in the UK
Valid DBS (provided by the agency)
Mandatory training (provided by the agency)
Please let me know if you are available and interested